Meet Joel Ratliff Sr.
When it comes to the world of business, Joel Ratliff has made his mark as a highly respected brand manager, radio programmer and communications professional. He brings a broad range of knowledge and expertise to his creative efforts, and been an integral leader in the broadcasting arena for over 31 years. Joel prides himself on his extraordinary ability to develop and manage multiple projects in a fast paced, challenging environment while producing measurable results.
In late 2009, Joel Ratliff embarked on a new project with Steve Hegwood to create Extreme Media Little Rock. Built from the ground up, KZTS-STREETZ 101.1 was born as a black owned and operated radio station. It has since bloomed into the successful station he works so diligently at today.
Prior to this, he consistently contributed to impressive ratings as Music Director, Interim Program Director, and on-air personality with industry leading companies such as Clear Channel Radio, Inner City Broadcasting, and Radio-One Incorporated. Additionally, he demonstrated his knack for gaining strong market shares in top markets such as Minneapolis, Dallas, and Chicago. He also prides himself on maintaining incredible relationships with the local business community.
Joel has been recognized with an array of awards and achievements:
· Rated #1, Arbitron Ratings- Columbia, SC, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL and Dallas
· TX: Best Afternoon/Local Show- Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Best of the Best in 2006
· Program Director of the Year (Medium Market)- Street Information Network (S.I.N. Magazine) 2005
· Operations Manager of the Year, The President’s Club Archway, Broadcasting 2005 & 2004
· Highest rated night show in Little Rock history with the No Show on Power 92.3
He is a graduate of the life curriculum and effective communications programs of Landmark Education, a prestigious leader in the field of education and development. As an avid reader, Joel also continues to devote time to personal and professional development beyond his formal education.